Sales • Service • Installation
Over 25 years' experience in the generator business. Providing Service-Sales-Installations-Parts in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, and Maryland. Fully trained/certified and the ONLY Authorized Cummins dealer and certified in Inpower PRO for the State of Delaware.
- At Advanced Power Generation we are committed to offering the highest quality of service and installation to our customers.
- With a Company owner that has over 25 years experience serving the tri-state area with emergency backup power service, sales and installations.
- Knowledge based sales approach, we explain the different types of generators, help fit you with the right size and type of generator.
- We offer comprehensive preventative maintenance contracts. Please visit our maintenance page for important info.
- We Service any brand, any size.
- We offer 24 hour emergency service*
- All of our service and maintenance procedures meet or exceed the manufacture's recommendations.
Things to keep in mind when choosing a company to Purchase, Service and Install your generator
- What is the best type of system for you?
- Location of the generator.
- What kind of fuel, Natural gas, Propane or even Diesel?
- Do they sell more than one brand of generator? Many companies only sell one or two brands and tell you that they are the best.
- Is load shedding the best option for me and will it really provide the power to the appliances when I really need them?
- How much Experience do they have installing generators? Not just the Company but the employees that will be involved in sizing installing and servicing?
- How much Experience do the service techs have?
- Are they certified to do warranty?
- Do they offer true 24 hour service?
- Do they offer Comprehensive preventative maintenance contracts (PM Contracts) more than just oil changes?
In 20 plus years I have seen many mistakes made by sales people and installers mostly from lack of knowledge and experience. Some just to make a sale. The following are many of the things we have seen over the years:
Improperly sized fuel lines, poor locations for both the generator and transfer switch, improper sizing of the generator. A commonly overlooked situation are heat pumps with electric emergency/backup heat where on cold days the emergency/backup heat comes on and completely overloads the generator.
With recent innovations in generator technology, load shedding is becoming very popular with some generator installers and the potential issues for overloading still exist. A few things to keep in mind when you are ready to purchase and have a generator installed. Will load shedding actually perform the way the sales guy says it will in real life situations when you need it most?
In fact many installers, who lack the experience for properly sizing generators or not comfortable installing larger generators, are pushing smaller units with load shedding. My recommendation is to ask a lot of questions about the product that you are being offered, ask about the experience of the company, sales person, service techs and all of the installers. Also ask if they are fully trained and authorized to do warranty repairs. You are about to make a sizable investment and don't want to be "sold" the wrong generator package.
At Advanced Power Generation we will take the time to explain all of the options that fit your needs. We will take the time to answer your questions. Thank you for checking out our company and we look forward to helping you.
Don Depew, Owner